Police Officer – Entry and Lateral
The Swinomish Police Department is accepting applications for both lateral and entry level positions full time 40 hours a week. This job description and application requirements apply to both lateral and entry level positions. Lateral entry applicants who are hired will receive a $6,000 hiring bonus.
To qualify as a lateral, the applicant must possess a valid peace officer certificate from a state training commission that is recognized by the State of Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission. Qualified applicants must be able to pass successfully the following tests: criminal background check, polygraph examination, psychological and medical examination, and a drug test. Must have a current and valid Washington State Driver License.
The Swinomish Police Department offers full testing services for the position of police officer (entry and lateral) through Public Safety Testing (PST). To fill out a personal history questionnaire and schedule a test, go to publicsafetytesting.com.
- Complete and pass a written and physical test through publicsafetytesting.com. Candidates may provide proof of previously passing a written and physical agility test through PST.
- NOTE: Candidates should work with PST to get previously-taken test results to Swinomish Human Resources Department. Such proof must contain the full test report, not only the test score. If such proof cannot be provided, applicant will need to take the tests.
- Complete a Personal History Questionnaire through PST publicsafetytesting.com.
- Complete the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community application. Return to the Swinomish Human Resources Department at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Swinomish Police Department Questionnaire. Return to the Swinomish Human Resources Department at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Lt. Earl Cowan at (360)466.7237 or email email@example.com.