April 1, 2020 - SWINOMISH TRIBE WAIVES LATE FEES AND INTEREST ON 2020 USE & OCCUPANCY TAX PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY MAY 30
In recognition of financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Swinomish Tribal Senate today approved a 30-day waiver of all late penalties, charges, and interest for first-half 2020 Trust Improvement Use & Occupancy Tax payments by individual taxpayers.READ MORE
March 25, 2020 - SWINOMISH TRIBAL SENATE PASSES STAY-AT-HOME RESOLUTION
In order to protect our community, the Swinomish Senate this morning passed a STAY-AT-HOME RESOLUTION. This Resolution requires all residents of the Swinomish Reservation to stay in their homes, except under limited circumstances.
For two weeks, all residents must stay in their homes except to:
- Buy groceries and other necessary supplies such as prescriptions
- Care for a sick family member or community member
- Go to work at an essential business or government function
- Exercise outdoors or participate in treaty fishing or hunting while maintaining 6 feet distance away from others
All gatherings are prohibited, even in people’s homes. All in-person office functions at non-essential businesses must close. Essential businesses that may remain open include:
- Health care facilities • Grocery stores
- Convenience stores and gas stations
- Pharmacies and cannabis stores
- Other governmental operations and businesses listed in the Resolution
We understand this order requires sacrifices in these extraordinary times. We are a strong people and have weathered many great challenges since time immemorial. The Senate is asking for your help to stop the spread of the virus by limiting contact between people. Thank you for taking these important steps to protect our loved ones.
March 24, 2020 - TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF TALLAWHALT MORTGAGE PAYMENTS
Due to COVID-19 and the Public Health Emergency, the Tallawhalt Committee and Senate approved a temporary suspension of Tallawhalt mortgage payments for three months (April, May and June), with the three payments deferred to the end of the mortgage. There will be no assessment of late fees and there will be no collection on delinquent accounts. The Tallawhalt Committee will review the temporary suspension in June to determine if additional time is warranted.